Saturday, December 31, 2011

One word

Last January, I was inspired by others in the blogiverse to choose one word to represent my goals for the year. I chose Create. This is what I wrote last January:

"Create
: A word I love. Similar to grow, but even more proactive. I like this one. I will be creating a new home this year. Creating new friendships. Creating a stronger bond with my children. Creating stronger children. Creating a healthier lifestyle. Creating a better me. Creating a ton of fun handknits. Hee hee. Out of challenges, I need to create opportunities. I like create. It puts the power into my hands versus giving the power to something outside of my control. I like that."

At the time, I thought we were moving, but the move never happened. I focused on my word for a month and then kind of forgot about it. In fact, I hadn't thought of my word in at least 6 months until my friend Audra mentioned it the other day. Oops.

Despite my lack of focus, I think I did okay with "creating" in 2011, but not as well as I would like.

Despite my lack of follow through, I'm thinking of choosing a new word this year--just for fun.

Current thought: Nurture.

Will blog more about my thoughts on Nurture in 2012.

Happy New Year's, everyone! Off to enjoy some bubbly with B. See you next year!

No comments: