Monday, June 14, 2010

The World's Tiniest Booties

I went to a baby shower on Friday night for a good friend who is pregnant with her second daughter. Since I knew she had the practical stuff covered, I decided to go for fun and homemade.

First, I made her a little lovey doll in my favorite brown floral print and pale pink bubble velour to match the pink and brown theme of her nursery. Then I decided to knit a quick pair of Mary Jane booties.

This was my first time trying this free pattern and it was quick and simple. I knit the pair in one (relatively long) night of knitting. Luckily I had the perfect little buttons to finish them.


Being in a hurry, it was the night before the shower, I did not check gauge. I don't know if that was my problem, but as adorable as they are, the booties turned out teeny-tiny.


Instead of 0-6 months size, they are newborn size. I will have to make a bigger pair so my friend's daughter will actually get to wear them. Oh well. They are still the cutest little things I have ever seen.

Pattern: Mary Jane Booties by Lucy Sinkler (free)
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby (I think), Sport Weight Acrylic in Pink (takes very little yarn)
Needles: Size 3
Modifications: None
Construction: Knit flat in one piece and seamed down middle of seam and up the back of the bootee.

4 comments:

Nicole B. said...

that is THE CUTEST!!!!

Lydee said...

they are so cute! your gifts are really wonderful!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the mary jane booties! Adorable.

KLZ said...

These are adorable. I wish my knitting skills were up to them.