Monday, November 9, 2009

Berry and Bramble Cardigan


I finished the Berry and Bramble Cardigan. Overall, I really enjoyed knitting this--despite my issues with decreasing in pattern. I'm glad I decided to do that (rather than have random stockinette patches as the pattern directed). I love the way this yarn looks and am thrilled that I got the yarn on sale and only spent around $13 to make this sweater. Woo hoo! However, I can't decide if I love the sweater or not. I almost always make the smallest size (which in this case would have been 28 1/2" bust), but for this one I decided to make the next size up (33" bust). Even though I'm only a 31" bust, I made the 33" size because I felt like the one in the magazine didn't close enough. I was worried that negative ease (which usually works best on my small frame) would cause this sweater not to close. Unfortunately, the more I look at mine, the more I think it may be too big. Hmmm...


Pattern: Berry and Bramble Cardigan by Mary Gehling (Interweave Knits Fall 2009)
Yarn: 6 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight in 152 Oxford Grey (80% Acrylic/20% Wool/3 oz/ 85 gms/ 197 yds/ 180 m)
Needles: Size 9 circular (24")
Size: 33" bust
Modifications: None really. Just did a one stitch stockinette edge on the sleeves, neckband, ribbing and belt instead of slipping the first stitch. This kept a nice clean edge.

6 comments:

sophanne said...

Haley, That Looks AWESOME!!! Your best knit ever!

Kat said...

I don't think it looks too big at all! I agree that the modeled version looked oddly small. This looks perfect and comfy. Great job.

Jadielady said...

Its beautiful!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looks great!

Nicole B. said...

amazing!!!

Marina G said...

Great job! I'm working on this project too and also having issues with decreasing in pattern.