Monday, November 9, 2009

Berry and Bramble Cardigan


I finished the Berry and Bramble Cardigan. Overall, I really enjoyed knitting this--despite my issues with decreasing in pattern. I'm glad I decided to do that (rather than have random stockinette patches as the pattern directed). I love the way this yarn looks and am thrilled that I got the yarn on sale and only spent around $13 to make this sweater. Woo hoo! However, I can't decide if I love the sweater or not. I almost always make the smallest size (which in this case would have been 28 1/2" bust), but for this one I decided to make the next size up (33" bust). Even though I'm only a 31" bust, I made the 33" size because I felt like the one in the magazine didn't close enough. I was worried that negative ease (which usually works best on my small frame) would cause this sweater not to close. Unfortunately, the more I look at mine, the more I think it may be too big. Hmmm...


Pattern: Berry and Bramble Cardigan by Mary Gehling (Interweave Knits Fall 2009)
Yarn: 6 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight in 152 Oxford Grey (80% Acrylic/20% Wool/3 oz/ 85 gms/ 197 yds/ 180 m)
Needles: Size 9 circular (24")
Size: 33" bust
Modifications: None really. Just did a one stitch stockinette edge on the sleeves, neckband, ribbing and belt instead of slipping the first stitch. This kept a nice clean edge.

6 comments:

sophanne said...

Haley, That Looks AWESOME!!! Your best knit ever!

Kat said...

I don't think it looks too big at all! I agree that the modeled version looked oddly small. This looks perfect and comfy. Great job.

Jadielady said...

Its beautiful!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looks great!

Nicole B. said...

amazing!!!

Marina Garrison said...

Great job! I'm working on this project too and also having issues with decreasing in pattern.