Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Shorts Kind of Cardigan

While my mom was here, I finished my Minimalist Cardigan. I made it because I wanted a fun, casual Spring/Summer sweater I could throw on with my shorts and capris. I love my Ripple Cardigan--it's nice and light, but not really a shorts kind of sweater.


This was an easy knit and more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I was really dreading all that seed stitch, but once I got into it the rhythm of it, I really didn't mind it.

My only mods were to knit the sides and back as one piece until the armpit and to knit the sleeves in the round until the cap shaping. I loved having less seaming to do when I finished knitting although the mattress stitch made putting this one together pretty painless.

I made the smallest size (34" bust) which is (shockingly) a little big on my 31" self. I still like it, but would probably have liked it a little better if I had made it slightly smaller.


Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan by Ruthie Nussbaum
Yarn: 5 skeins of Berroco Weekend in Color 5923 (75% Acrylic/25% Peruvian Cotton/ 3.5 oz/ 100g/ 205 yds/ 189m)
Needles: Size 7 (24" Circular and doublepoints)
Modifications: Knit in one piece until the armpits and knit sleeves in the round. Had to add one stitch to cast on for middle of back to keep ribbing pattern correct. Did not increase stitches anywhere on first row of seed stitch.
On Ravelry here.

2 comments:

audramarie said...

What a nice, simple pattern in a beautiful color!

Lydee said...

beautiful!