Monday, September 21, 2009

Finished! Part Maid Marian and Part Xena

I finished my Slanting Gretel Tee over a week ago, but am finally getting around to blogging about it. Part of the delay was my inability to get a good modeled picture. It was so rainy and dreary here last week (It was very atypical Texas weather; I felt like I was back in Ohio.) that I couldn't get a decent picture.


Anyway, this was actually a pretty quick knit despite the cables and seed stitch that make it look more difficult than it is. The project also moved along more quickly because I am totally OBSESSED with knitting right now. It's all I want to do. My house is a pigsty. I got my first Wii injury...because I was trying to knit while doing Wii Fit. Stupid, I know. I thought I could handle running in place and knitting. Not so much. Oh well.


I enjoyed knitting this top because I love knitting in the round. The cables and seed stitch made it interesting while the stockinette stitch gave me some quick mindless knitting as well. I loved that when you finish knitting, the only finishing work is binding off the sleeve stitches and weaving in a few ends. The only thing I didn't love is the way my M1s look next to the cables on either side of the seed stitch section. I kept getting holes (mostly with my M1Ls). Since I used a cotton, there is no halo to hide these. Oh well. I've already worn the top once and liked it. It's a fun little top. Makes me feel part Maid Marian and part Xena.


Pattern: Slanting Gretel Tee by Petra Manis (in Interweave Knits Fall 2009)
Size: Smallest (30 1/4" bust circumference)
Yarn: ella rae Baby Cotton (50g/100m/88% Cotton-12% Nylon/Color 07 Dusk) 5 skeins
Needles: Size 5 (24" and 16" circular)
Modifications: I added about an extra inch of length before starting the raglan.

9 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Your tee looks fantastic! Makes me want to knit one -

As for being obsessed with knitting...well, aren't we all? (at least just a tiny bit)

Yarnhog said...

I am just laughing my head off trying to picture knitting while doing Wii Fit! Every way I imagine it, it doesn't turn out well! ;)

bodoba said...

It does puzzle the mind thinking of how one would knit and Wii Fit at the same time... But you're tee looks AWESOME!

Nicole B. said...

cute top and love the sitting on the porch modeling photos :) and i have never heard of a Wii injury, but i'm sure you aren't the only one!

Jadielady said...

Beautiful sweater!! It looks very comfy :)

trumpet girl said...

I am still totally impressed and in awe that you can make such beautiful things. You are truly talented.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's absolutely gorgeous (runs off to find pattern)and I love the colour you chose

Unknown said...

I really want to join in on a knit along that is featuring this pattern. Any chance you would know where I could get it quick? I can't find the magazine anywhere and they are sold out at interweaves site.

Haley said...

ebonyann,
I found a copy for sale here:
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/CLear1/-strse-1931/Interweave-Knits-Fall-2009/Detail.bok

good luck! --haley