Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Little Knitting, A Lot of Little Man

Another finished knitting project! and less than a month late for my sister's birthday. Not too bad if I do say so myself. I finished my sister's Rusted Root. Besides some initial gauge issues, the whole project went pretty smoothly. Hopefully, my sister will find that it fits well and she enjoys wearing it. Hopefully!
I used a new yarn for this one: Berroco Comfort (Worsted Weight, 50% Super Fine Nylon/50% Super Fine Acrylic). I picked the yarn because it is machine washable and dryable and my sister is not one to want to deal with hand-washing her clothes. I hope this yarn will make this something that she will wear often without too much fuss when it comes to wash time. The yarn was okay to work with. It is made up of ten or some tiny strands which is a bit annoying. It is very easy to miss one string and then have a loose loop. Occasionally, there were broken strings as well which was annoying as it left a little "snag." I'm not sure if I would use this yarn again.


Project Details:
Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Berroco Comfort (3 skeins, with 1/2-1/3 skein leftover)
Needles: Size 7 circular for body, Size 5 circular for ribbing at neck and waist, size 6 doublepoint for ribbing on sleeves
Size: XS
Modifications: I added some extra rounds in the yoke to accommodate my sister's long torso. This affected the sleeve decreases. To keep the sleeve cuffs from being too tight, I only went down one needle size instead of two. I did the shaping a bit differently too. I did some decreases to the waist and then did a few increases to try to make it a fit my sister would enjoy more. Hope it worked!

In non-knitting news, we've been having some lovely weather again so we've been outside as much as possible. Outside, my camera works since the flash isn't required so I have some new pics of John. Here he is with his latest obsession: bubbles! I splurged on some bubbles from Gymboree (we were there for a birthday party) and they are well worth the extra money. He LOVES them!


I also got John a new sunhat from Target. He immediately pulled it over his eyes and started doing the "hat dance." You have to see this one. It's hilarious! Enjoy this little movie of my little man.



Hope you all are doing well. Got to go get work cleaning my house. Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit they do have darn good bubbles!

How are you feeling?

sophanne said...

Hat Dance = Priceless.

Is he telling Daddy to Dance?

Yarnhog said...

Too cute!

Bubbles are the best! Try blowing them in the bathtub sometime.

Lydee said...

That is so funny! Thank you for posting the hat dance. It made my day!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got a picture of your boy chasig bubbles. Those moments are so precious and we forget about them.
Your sweater looks so pretty.