Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider is Done


Well, in that picture, it is almost done. And here:



It is done.

It's actually my Socktopus, but J keeps calling it a spider. He loves it. I love it too. It's got to be one of the cutest things I have ever knit. I had lots of fun planning out each sock. I have to say I'm a bit anal. I know that comes as a shock to some of you, but it is true. If I wasn't so anal, then this project would have been a LOT faster, but I had to make sure each sock was just the right sock style and length and that I arranged them in the right order. I ended up making two multi-colored kneesocks (one self-striping, one striped by me), two calf-length athletic socks, one thigh high rainbow sock, one midlength dress sock, one slipper sock and one santa sock. I enjoyed learning a few new techniques (backward loop cast on, a new way to do and hide wrap and turns, a short row heel). Although I forgot to hide a few wraps, I generally feel this one turned out pretty close to perfect. I'm sure the Socktopus, or spider, will be well loved. J is already having lots of fun playing with it.


Pattern: Socktopus by Laura Edwards (FREE pattern here)
Yarn: Main color--Plymouth Encore Worsted in Pale Yellow; Socks--various odds and ends.
Needles: Size 5 doublepoint (except for ribbing on dress sock--Size 3 doublepoint)
Modifications: None
On Ravelry here.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Haley, it's adorable!:D well done!

jenleic2008 said...

It is super cute!

Jadielady said...

Its so cute!!! I hope and pray the government won't swoop in and make it illegal to make your own toys like these.

Lydee said...

very good! love the cute little socks!

sophanne said...

that is Awesome!