Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Little Happy Knitting

Here's a little happy post about a little happy knitting. I decided I wanted to knit a little something for my new little guy (due the end of May.) I didn't feel like doing anything that took too much thought and I couldn't afford to do anything that required a knit purchase, so I decided on this lovely free pattern from Kimberly Chapman.




I used all yarn from partial skeins leftover from other projects. They are all acrylic (very washable and thus perfect for a baby toy). Most of the yarn is of the rougher acrylic variety and thus was going to sit neglected in the stash because I didn't want to use it for anything like clothes or a blanket. Perfect for this little toy.



I discovered the pattern through Ravelry. (I'm Haley327. I really have NOT used Ravelry to its full potential, but find it to be a fun tool when I have time to play.) This pattern was easy to follow and fun to knit. I stuffed the caterpillar with quilting batting borrowed from my sister (I knit this while I was in Virginia for the triplets' baptism). The only change I made to the pattern was that I did i-cord for the legs and antenna instead of knitting in the round on two doublepoints.


Sorry these pictures are not better. My camera is refusing to take flash pictures so most of my pics are turning out blurry these days. Thus I have very few pics from the baptism which is a shame as all three babies looked adorable! Anyway, hope you enjoy this little bit of happy knitting. Hopefully more to come soon.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh he's soooo cute! Great job.

sophanne said...

That is ADORABLE!

nova said...

This is so cute, so much so that he doesn't look like a leftovers/afterthought knit! I am sure he is going to see a lot of love in a few months!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute! It's a great toy. New little man is going to love chewing on thise feet. Good thing you can wash it.

Anonymous said...

I love it. I'm sure he will endure many years of childhood play. :)

Anonymous said...

I love everything about your toy. You made it from leftover yarn, you got a free pattern and it's for your baby. Congrats!!!

Lydee said...

You are the woman, leftover yarn, free pattern! Amazing! It is so adorable!

Yarnhog said...

That is adorable, and cast me back to childhood immediately. Do you remember the kids' game with the caterpillar (I think--they looked just like that) parts that you put together and the goal is to get yours assembled first? I loved that game, and I would always mix colors just like that.