Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cuteness Overload!

I finished my first Daphne and Delilah and I really enjoyed this pattern by Rebecca Danger.


This set is for my newest niece Isla. These were a pretty quick knit which I would have finished sooner if the boys hadn't been sick for over a week. I like how they were knit in the round and how they are designed to have very little seaming :). That's my kind of knitting.


The stripes were nice too because they made it so I didn't have to use a row counter--I just counted stripes. This was my first time using the magic loop method and I really enjoyed it. I did yarn eyes and mouth so I didn't have to worry about my little five month old niece pulling them off and eating them. I'm not great at embroidering so I'm not thrilled at the way my eyes turned out, but I think they are okay.

Pattern: Daphne and Delilah the Mommy and Baby Monster by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Eco (80% Acrylic and 20% NatureSpun--made from recycled plastic bottles/5 oz./249 yds) About 1/2 skein each of Baby Blush and Chocolate.
Needles: Size 5 doublepoints and 29" circulars
Modifications: Embroidered eyes and mouth with black and white Caron Simply Soft from stash
Finished size: Daphne is approximately 6" wide and 9" tall. Delilah is approximately 3" wide and 4" tall.

To put size into perspective, here's Pepper posing cutely with Daphne and Delilah.


And since I can't just show up with a gift for Isla and nothing for her older brother Oscar, I made two Monster Chunks for Oscar.



This is one of Rebecca Danger's free patterns that can be found on her blog. These are a REALLY quick and simple knit. I made both of them in a few hours. I will probably make a few more soon as both J and N had fun playing with these little guys.

Pattern: Monster Chunks by Rebecca Danger (free pattern--pdf)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (small amounts from leftover yarn in stash)
Needles: Size 5 doublepoint
Modifications: Did embroidered yarn eyes and mouth. I need to work on my embroidering, but I think the faces turned out okay.


Don't these just look like fun. I think I need to have a whole gaggle of them to play with all in different bright colors. So cute!

4 comments:

Nicole B. said...

cute!

bodoba said...

awww those are adorable! It's taken me two weeks to learn how to knit in the round....I'm stillnot so great at it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So cute. I love the monster that goes in the pocket!

Jane's Designs said...

Saw you on flickr and had to come by and visit your blog. You did a great job, I think I know what I will be making my grandson for Christmas. Thanks for the cute ideas.