Friday, January 2, 2009

Finished Projects Parade: Part 2

My next piece of Christmas knitting was a Christmas vest for J. I like to do simple Christmas outfits that can be worn throughout the winter so this year J got a pair of red corduroy pants, a white shirt, and a green vest (designed and knitted by me). N got a pair of red corduroy overalls and a white shirt.

I found a simple toddler vest pattern (FREE), but did one fancier cable in the middle instead of two simpler cables on the sides that the pattern called for. The back is plain stockinette. I also did 2 x 2 ribbing instead of 1 x 1 ribbing. I picked up stitches and added the neck and armpit ribbing after the rest of the vest was complete and sewn together. It was an easy knit and went quickly with worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles.

J's Cabled Christmas Vest
Pattern: My own (Adapted from Lion Brand Free Knitting Pattern Cable Vest)
Cable pattern: Braided Cable from Vogue Dictionary of Knitted Stitches
Yarn: 2 skeins of Plymouth Encore (25% Wool/75% Acrylic) (1 skein=100g/3.5 oz/200yards)
Needles: Size 8
Vest size: 3 years/26 in. chest (pattern includes 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years)
Gauge: 17 st x 24 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch

If anyone wants more details about this project, just leave me a note in the comment section and I will get back to you.

5 comments:

sophanne said...

what a great knit!

Unknown said...

that is an adorable sweater! I'm jealous of your talent!

Lydee said...

nice work! he looks really snuggly too!

Nicole B. said...

WOW...that is SO amazing! i'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

I love th pic of your fam, even if I was the photographer :) love ya nd miss you, maybe we'll catch up one of these days if Lizzie ever sleeps and I ever catch up with all I need to do :), love ya,