Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finished! I Finished! I FINISHED!

Well, as you know I've been participating in both the Ravelympics and the Knitting Olympics. The goal was to cast on and complete an entire challenging project during the seventeen days of the Olympics. Well, last night, with one day to spare, I finished my sweater!

I actually finished the knitting back on Thursday, but it took several nights of work to do all the seaming/sewing together. It's not perfect, by far, but I think my sweater turned out pretty well. I'm SO excited that I actually finished it in time. I really didn't think I had a chance at first.

I love how the sweater turned out. I love how light and drapey the fabric is. I'm so glad I changed the sleeves to a more bell-shaped 3/4 sleeve. I think they are more fun and flirty and more fitting to the fun feel of the sweater. I love the shape and weight and the fun little twist of fabric at the back of the neck. Very fun sweater!


I didn't really enjoy working with this yarn. It is very thin, but also fuzzy enough to be grabby, so it was very easy to drop stitches. I spent a LOT of time counting stitches and going back and finding dropped (or sometimes picked up stitches). This is probably the most UNEVEN my stitches have ever looked. Despite all of this, I love the finished project and would use this yarn again because of the way it looks.

Pattern: Ripple Cardigan by Coralie Meslin
Yarn: 4 skeins of Schulana Kid Seta (70% Kid Mohair/30% Silk/ 25g/ 210m) in Color #7 Tangerine
Needles: Size 3 circulars (Cast on with Size 5--because I always cast on really tightly)
Modifications: Changed shape and length of sleeves to 3/4 bell. Cast on 90 st. Knit even for 8 rounds. On RS, decrease 2: K2, SSK, K to last 4 st, K2tog, K2. Repeat decrease row every 8th row 6 more times until there are 76 st. Knit 15 rows even ending with a WS row. Follow pattern directions for sleeve cap.


I Finished!
And I got my awards :).

3 comments:

Kat said...

Good for you, girl! I think I actually like yours more than the modeled one in the magazine. Interweave sometimes styles really awesome pieces in a rather dowdy way. Yours looks youthful, maybe even funky in that orange. Way to go.

Kira said...

It looks amazing! I so wish you were still in Cleveland, I desperately need a knitting tutor! Really great sweater!

elizabeth said...

it's really pretty, and it looks great on you! Perfect color for spring!