Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Crafts and Christmas

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well. Even though it's Tuesday, I'm not in the mood to do a Top Ten Tuesday so I thought I would just talk about what I've been up to recently. Despite my lack of blogging, I have been doing some fun things I'd like to share.
First, I made another set of hats for Reed, Mary and Madeline. I used this simple free pattern and a combination of Caron Simply Soft in White and Paton's Beehive Baby in blue/pink/lavender. Both yarns were leftover partials that I had in my stash. Go, stash-busting! This hat uses very little yarn so I could make a ton more if I wanted--but I don't! I've not been much in the knitting mood recently. Oh well.


The hats with my hand for scale.


They fit better a month or so ago when I made the sample hat for sizing. They're just growing too fast for me to keep up!



Second, I've made a few Christmas ornaments for my mom. I make her one of these for each of her grandchildren. These are in honor of the triplets. I still need to add their names and birthdays to the ornaments. These beaded ornaments were my initial crafting love and I still really enjoy making them.





Top view of the ornaments.





Side view of the ornaments.


Third, I decorated a stocking for Little Man. He's really into farm animals or "baa," "moo," and "neigh". He likes pigs and chickens, too. So I decided to decorate his stocking accordingly.



Little Man's farm animal stocking. Baa! Moo! Neigh!



I did these stockings for Brian and I a few years ago. I love coming up with the fun details like the beer-drinking snowman on Brian's.



I still love how these stockings turned out.



My favorite part of Brian's.


Fourth, I've been decorating for Christmas. It's the only holiday I decorate for and I love pulling out all the decorations each year. They are so full of memories that it makes me happy. Can't wait to do the tree this weekend.



My nativity. Unbreakable--so Little Man can touch it and move the animals around without fear.


Baby Santa who I inherited from my grandmother and who stays out all year round.

Our mantel.


A Santa that Brian's dad painted. Isn't he amazing?

My newest Christmas decoration bought last year. They're salt and pepper shakers. Alligators in Christmas clothes! She's wearing high heels!


Anyway, that's me for now. Hope you are all having a lovely start to your holiday season. Sending much love and cheer your way!

3 comments:

Lydee said...

love it! I enjoy pulling out the christmas decorations too because of memories associated with them. the beaded ornaments are lovely.

Yarnhog said...

Blogger seems not to recognize my existence today. I tried to leave a comment before, but I got kicked out, so if this is a duplicate, I apologize.

I love your Christmas stockings! I especially like your beer-swilling Frosty, although I would have assumed it was a more-mundane hot cocoa.

And those alligators are hilarious. Merry Christmas!

Lydee said...

I tagged you if you want to play along to post 7 weird things about yourself.