Monday, September 3, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday: Rusted Root Edition

I can't believe it's Tuesday already. It was a fun three day weekend with Brian and our little man. We had beautiful weather and spent lots of time at various parks in the area. I also got some good naptime knitting done and finally finished my Rusted Root. Details on the finished project are at the end of this post. I couldn't wait to show it off so I took some pictures of myself and Brian took some of me as well. I needed a Top Ten Tuesday topic so I cheated and this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is:



Top Ten Pictures of My Finished Rusted Root


10. Full-length mirror shot



9. Self-taken shot with Little Man (not the best of either of us--got to love the double chin)

8. First shot by Brian--Little Man tries to escape
7. Detail of ribbing and lace (love the way the purls and knits lined up)


6. Trying to not feel self conscious (hands are down for Little Man)


5. Action shot (pushing Little Man on the swing)


4. Timer shot-lace panel (trying to suck in my stomach)
3. Timer shot--full view (trying to seem relaxed)

2. Oval mirror shot (love this little antique mirror)


1. Little Man and I (good one for the album)


Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr style

Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel (less than 5 skeins for XS)

Needles: Size 4 and 6 (24" circular) and size 6 doublepoint

Adaptations: I had to play around a little to get the right size. I ended up doing the XS, but added a few extra rows in the raglan. I also had to add a few stitches in the sleeves and ended up doing the sleeve ribbing in a size 6 instead of a size 4 so the cuffs weren't too tight. The pattern called for 12 rows of ribbing on the bottom, but I only did 8 because I didn't want a huge band of ribbing.



Sorry for the unexciting Top Ten Tuesday topic. But, hey, I finished my Rusted Root before winter! I can actually wear it for a few weeks! I still need to block it, but it is otherwise ready to go. Any suggestions for blocking Pima Tencel?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is lovely! Good work.
Great shots too.

cheryl said...

Your rusted root turned out great! It is definitely worth the ripping.

Yarnhog said...

Perfect fit! It was worth all the trouble. It's such a useful design, too. I'd wear that all the time. I do most of my blocking (except acrylic) by holding the steam iron above the fabric and misting it, then smoothing it into shape and letting it dry for a few minutes. This is only because I am too impatient to wait for wet blocking to dry. I don't know how tencel behaves, though, so if you do this, test it on your swatch first.

Carol said...

Beautiful! perfect fit, love the colour, great job!

Lydee said...

It's beautiful, I really love it. Gotta love the sucking in the stomach, that's too funny. I've done that so many times for a pic!

JulieFrick said...

Cutest Rusted Root EVER. Maybe because you're the cutest ever?