Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finished: Slanting Gretel Tee for Cat

Some time after I finished my Slanting Gretel Tee, my twin sister Cat requested one for her birthday. Although she's a knitter now, she wasn't feeling quite up to the task of knitting one for herself. She picked out a color and after I finished my Ripple Cardigan, I cast on. Finishing this top was delayed by the birth of a good friend's daughter, but I still managed to finish it before I left Virginia. I even got a chance to take a photo or two of my sister modeling it before I returned to Texas.


Pattern: Slanting Gretel Tee by Petra Manis
Size: Smallest with some modifications
Yarn: 6 skeins of Ella Rae Baby Cotton (50g/ 100m/ 88% Cotton/ 12% Nylon) in Color 04 Aloha
Needles: Size 5 Circular and Doublepoints
Modifications: My sister has a tall upper body so I added an extra 2 1/4 inches (16.25 inches instead of 14 inches) to the length before beginning the sleeves. My sister was also concerned about a tight fit in the armpit so I picked up extra stitches to either side of the stitches put on hold for the armpits. I also increased in these stitches when binding off.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very nice. It suits her very well

Nicole B. said...

what a nice pic (and of course the sweater rocks!!)