Thursday, February 14, 2008

More Knitting!

I'm knitting again and I LOVE it! I've finished two small projects that were both FREE so that was fun.
The first is a simple garter stitch scarf for Little Man that I knit in the car on my way to Virginia.

Details:

Garter Stitch Toddler Scarf (my own design)

Yarn: Lion Homespun (2 strands together--green and navy blue)

Needles: Size 15

Additional Info: Cast on 7 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for a while, split stitches in half (4 and 3), knit separately for a few inches, then combine back together, when the scarf is a happy length, bind off.

The second is the Feather and Fan Bonnet by Larissa Brown. I found this FREE pattern through Ravelry. It is available here.

Details:

Feather and Fan Bonnet by Larissa Brown

Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby (2 strands--white and pink)

Needles: size 6

Additional Info: This was a quick and easy knit. I'm not sure what size baby this particular bonnet will fit, but it was fun to make. If I was making one as a gift, I'd probably use a nicer yarn and ribbon, but still go for washable.
I also redid the neck of John's Placket Neck Pocketless Wallaby (I did about three more sets of decreases) and I think it looks/fits much better now. I will post a new pic when I get one.
I'm currently working on a doll for John (adapted from a FREE Kimberly Chapman pattern) and a bunch of twizzle hats for my sister-in-law who is giving them as baby gifts. Off to make dinner and then knit if the Little Man naps long enough.

1 comment:

sophanne said...

That bonnet is adorable! Glad the mojo is back- it can bring such peace.