Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back in Bed

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on my last post. We seem to be back on track and back in bed. John only had two rough days and then we fixed the getting out of bed problem. On Sunday, after about five minutes of me standing outside his door and catching him each time he slid out of bed, John gave up and took his nap. Ever since then he has stayed in bed when I put him down and not gotten out of bed until Brian or I came to get him. Hopefully this trend will continue. I feel so lucky that our "rough" time didn't last any longer. I'm probably jinxing myself by saying that it's over, but I'm too excited not to share the good news. Naptime and bedtime are returning to their normal happy time for both of us. I think it helped that I let John climb in and out of bed a lot in the getting ready for bed process (to pick out and put away books). It seemed to help him get it out of his system before bedtime. We will see. Keep your fingers crossed.

On the knitting front, I have finally made it to the end of the yoke of John's rainbow-colored cardigan. I haven't been knitting much between trying to get the house ready to put it on the market and just being REALLY tired. Unfortunately, the yoke is about 1 1/2 inches longer than it should be. I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm meeting the stitch gauge for the pattern, but apparently not the row gauge. It didn't list any row gauge so there was no way to know that until now. Hmmm... Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Lydee said...

glad to hear that bed time is working out. Sorry to hear you're so tired. Hope you'll feel better soon.

Yarnhog said...

I'll think happy thoughts for you that John has decided to cut you a break and stay in bed. (I never had any trouble with my older son on that front, so I'm sure it's at least possible!)

Anonymous said...

Hang-in there I assure you there will be another challenge. My kids were so determined not to take naps that they would sit up with the eyes have closed. The best naps they got were in the carseat.

Lydee said...

miss you and thinking about you. I know this is a busy time for you. Hope you're doing well.