Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nourish

I gave my boys this "Veggie" Mac n' Cheese tonight. I am desperate to get J to eat some veggies. So I thought I'd try it. 1/2 serving of vegetables is better than nothing right?

It smelled and tasted like broccoli to me (although it is actually made with cauliflower) and I was afraid they wouldn't eat it. However, they both ate it just fine. In fact, J had two large servings. Maybe if they keep eating this, they will develop a taste for broccoli and cauliflower. It's worth a try.

I'm tired of feeling guilty about my boys' picky/unhealthy eating habits. I dream of them eating lots of veggies and fruits. Someday...

For now, it's a start.

Did I mention that my "word" for 2012 is nourish. Trying to nourish my boys' bodies and spirits one day at a time.

No comments: