Thursday, April 19, 2012

WIP: Holl sweater


So I am still knitting--just not very often. I finished knitting the body of Holl, a dolman-sleeve sweater for myself, around Easter. It is knit from the bottom of the front up to the neckline and then back down to the bottom of the back. After putting it in the "I don't feel like dealing with that pile" for a few days, I bit the bullet and started seaming. I don't mind seaming stockinette stitch, but this sweater is almost all reverse stockinette--and that is not as much fun for me because this is the first time I've really had to do it--so I'm not very good at it. It took me several nights of seaming and I don't love my seams, but this sweater is seamed and now just needs the rest of the sleeves knit. I am VERY happy with the fit and am excited to wear this next fall/winter. Just thought I'd share my progress. Please excuse the cruddy photo complete with a dirty mirror, lovely workout pants, a bad hair day and a little cutie peaking in.

Happy knitting, everyone! So what are you knitting these days? I'd love to get some inspiration for future projects.

No comments: