Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Knitting Spot

Yarnhog just did a post about her "knitting spot" and challenged others to do the same. So, here I am, describing my knitting spot. Many of you probably remember this photo from my last post:
Well, this is basically my knitting spot, except in this instance I was being extra nice. You see, my dogs and I all have something in common--we all love to be on this couch (actually it's the only one the dogs are allowed on) and we all like the edge or corner seats. None of us like the middle seat. In this instance, I was just being nice and taking the middle because Zoe and Pauli got there first.

My main knitting spot is in the corner of the couch near the blue and white lamp (the spot Zoe is in). I like to sit kind of diagonally with my feet toward the Pauli end of the couch and my back nestled into the corner of the couch.

This is an OLD couch. I've owned it for about 8 years, but before that it lived in my parents' basement for about 25 years. It's been reupholstered multiple times (most recently right before I got married 7 years ago because my husband hated the lovely bright modern art looking fabric that was on the couch at the time). As you can see, it is partially covered by a lovely bedsheet in the hopes of minimizing the stains from muddy dog feet. This sofa is a sleeper sofa and weighs about a thousand pounds and my husband has vowed never to move it again.

Anyway, even thought it's old and actually not very cushiony at all, the girls and I love to hang out on it (together if they don't mind getting cozy). My husband is usually stretched out on the red and tan loveseat that you can see in the righthand edge of the photo. So it's a family hangout area. The tv and many of Little Man's toys are in this room (did I mention this is the smallest room in my house besides the bathrooms?)

Anyway, if I'm sitting, I'm probably knitting--so this is my knitting spot. Unless it's beautiful out, and then you might catch me here.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

This is funny, because it is this picture that inspired my post and contest about favorite knitting spots! Your spot looks really cozy--but then, almost anywhere looks cozy with dogs and yarn. I hear you about the 1000 pound sofa. Mine is not that heavy, but it is too big to fit down the hallway, as the delivery guys discovered when they had to pull the moldings off the walls to spring it from the place it had wedged itself on the way into the house. It has to be taken away to get its new cover, but I have a plan. It is going out the patio door, around the house, through two gates, past the trashcans, and out to the driveway. The movers are going to hate me.

sophanne said...

These knitting spots with lounging dogs look so very cozy. Note to self- must replace imaginary dog with real dog- or teach cat to relax more.

cheryl said...

That looks like a great knitting spot. I'm glad I'm not the only one who slipcovers the sofa for pets. Cena our cat sheds SO much fur that I got her to sleep on a piece of fabric to save time on vacuuming and lint-rolling!

Debra said...

Hey Haley,

Do you know about this contest?

http://beckyknitstoo.blogspot.com/2007/09/contest-contest.html

Hope you win!