Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday: Life is Good Edition

Can't believe it's Tuesday again already. I had a nice relaxing weekend full of knitting, reading and movie watching. It was really very nice. I've been meaning to blog about it, but haven't slowed down. So I thought I'd use this week's Top Ten Tuesday post to talk about it. Thus, without any further ado, this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic:

Top Ten Little Everyday Reasons Why Life is Good


10. My husband and I watched several movies this weekend and we both enjoyed them. Thanks to the library's expanded selection, we are watching movies again. And they're free! Life is good.

9. I am almost finished with my nephew's Wonderful Wallaby, the twin to this one. I thought I was going to be able to stretch a second one of the yarn leftover from my niece's, but I need one more skein. Luckily, it's inexpensive and I have a JoAnn's coupon. Life is good.


8. I wore my Rusted Root for the first time on Saturday. And it actually fits. I made a piece of clothing for myself and it actually fits. Life is good.

7. Little Man is making animal noises--and not just for me! We went to my in-laws for dinner on Sunday and Little Man was telling them what noises sheep, cows, owls and monkeys make. It was very exciting to see my little guy's budding drama skills put to better use than the usual one of throwing a huge fit over the remote control. Life is good.

6. I made a ton of progress on Little Man's sheep costume (yes, Alice and Kristin guessed correctly). It's really coming along quickly. I guess my plan to use chunky yarn and size 11 needles was a good one. It's all very exciting. I'm knitting a hooded sweater with ears and a tail and then my sister is helping sew some fleece pants. The last part is another reason life is good. I am an awful sewer.


5. I found some fluff. It was much needed. Ah, escapism through chick lit. So nice. Life is good.

4. I discovered this weekend that I can knit and read. Thanks Ashley for once commenting that you do this sometimes. Reading AND knitting--at the same time! Life is good.


3. I got asked to be godmother to my newest nephew. Remember this little cutie? I feel very honored. Life is good.

2. Good friends on the internet. I got the kindest comment ever from Yarnhog about my costume attempts. I am constantly encouraged and rewarded by the wonderful people I've met on the internet. Another person who is always leaving me encouraging comments is Lydee. She must be one of the nicest people I have ever met. Does knowing someone through the internet count as "meeting" them? Who knows. Life is good.

1. Good friends here. I got so many encouraging comments and compliments when I wore my Rusted Root for the first time to a playdate this weekend. These are my friends I met through a breastfeeding support group. Now, almost a year and a half later, I am still discovering how sweet and supportive these women are. Life is good.

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Your sofa looks just like mine--yarn and dogs everywhere! My dogs are a bit bigger, so I am squished into a corner, but the overall look is the same.

Anonymous said...

This is a good topic and I am going to copy it to put me in good spirits.
People I know through blogging I call blog friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Haley. I have no clue how that happened. Wierd? I fixed it.

Anonymous said...

wow! such beautiful sweaters!!! nice nice work :)

Debra said...

I have a question for you Haley. I see your Wallaby sweater, (so cute) and was wondering...I am starting my first sweater for my daughter (2). I'm going to try a Elizabeth Zimmermann seamless yoke, but I'd like to do a collar like the red one in the link below. Check the August 10th & 15th post.

http://www.kategilbert.com/blog/archives/2007/08/index.html

Any ideas? It looks like the Wallaby has a similar collar. Did you knit that top down or bottom up?

Nice knitting spot by the way. I have a large weimaraner who likes to put his head in my lap. :o) Not to mention 3 kids.