Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday: Blizzard Edition

As we progress further and further into March, I know a lot of people who are getting Spring fever. Here in Northeast Ohio, we just survived a snowstorm of large proportions and all I keep hearing about is Spring, Spring, Spring. I know from living here for 8 years that Spring is still a long ways off. I'm okay with that. Don't get me wrong, I love Spring, but I love Winter too. This week's long overdue Top Ten Tuesday topic is

Top Ten Things I Love About Winter


10. Untouched snow

9. Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows

8. Watching my dogs run around in the snow (they love it!)

7. Christmas


6. Knitting sweaters

5. Wearing jeans and wool sweaters



4. The silence and peacefulness of falling snow

3. Curling up in front of a crackling fire




2. Snowpants

1. How beautiful everything looks under a fresh layer of snow
Can you believe the size of that snowman? It's a few miles from our house.
Hope you're all enjoying your winters! Happy snow, everyone!

3 comments:

Debra said...

That is a HUGE snowman!! How did they do it?

Thanks for posting pictures of the beautiful snow. We don't get enough for our liking. We love snow. (maybe there's a connection, maybe we only love it because we don't get very much)

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Well of course in our part of the world it's springtime. Went to Lowe's today and it was packed with folks buying gardening stuff. I would be interested sometime in having one "real" winter to see if I could do it! Hopefully I can catch you soon...

Yarnhog said...

Oh my gosh! That's a real snowman? I thought it was just a picture with funny perspective. That must have taken forever. And a bulldozer. Wow.

And yeah, it's spring here, too.