Wednesday, April 2, 2008

100th Post!

I just realized that I had 99 posts and that this one is my 100th. I decided to do a 100 Things About Me post in honor of this milestone. So, in no particular order, 100 Things About Me.

1. I am an identical twin.

2. I am older than my twin sister by 2 minutes.

3. My mom didn't know she was having twins until my sister was born.

4. We were born a month early.

5. I weighed 3 lbs 14 oz.

6. Haley is my middle name, but my parents have always called me Haley.

7. My first name is Elizabeth.

8. My favorite foods include ice cream, chocolate and french fries.

9. Although I love sweets, I rarely think to eat dessert.

10. When I was single, I would sometimes eat ice cream for breakfast.

11. When I was single, I would often fix a tray of Ore Ida french fries for dinner.

12. My favorite ice cream treat is a McDonald's hot fudge sundae.

13. My favorite ice cream treat from childhood is a chocolate scooter crunch.

14. If I REALLY want to treat myself, I will eat ice cream while taking a bubble bath.

15. It's been YEARS since I've done that.

16. I'm an awful housekeeper.

17. I HATE to mop floors.

18. My favorite cleaning task is dusting.

19. I love to sleep.

20. I love to sleep in on weekends if my husband is willing to take care of Little Man for me.

21. I always wanted three children.

22. I always wanted to have twins.

23. I am one of three children.

24. Besides my twin sister, I also have an older brother.

25. I love to read.

26. I get antsy if I don't have a book I'm currently reading.

27. I will reread books if I enjoyed them the first time around.

28. I am often disappointed the second time I read the book because it's not as good as I remembered it to be.

29. I am trying to declutter my house by rereading books and selling the "not-as-good-as-I-remembered-them" ones to Half Price Books.

30. Even if a book is really bad, I will almost always finish it.

31. Almost every book that I have left unfinished has been non-fiction.

32. When I was younger I would read in the car all the time.

33. Once I missed my bus stop because I was reading and didn't notice.

34. I can't read in the car any more because it makes me carsick.

35. When I'm pregnant, I get carsick much more easily.

36. I can usually knit in the car without getting carsick.

37. I'm a self-taught knitter (sort of).

38. I learned to knit by reading an article in Martha Stewart Living.

39. I find knitting to be very relaxing.

40. If I knit while watching TV, I feel less lazy because I'm being "productive."

41. When there's nothing good on TV or I'm too lazy to find something, I just put in an old favorite movie and watch that instead.

42. My favorite movie for background to knitting or crafting is French Kiss.

43. I knit mainly with acrylic yarn--it's affordable and easy to care for.

44. I buy most of my yarn at craft stores.

45. The thought of hand knit socks bothers me a bit because most of them need to be hand washed.

46. I worry that hand washed socks would not get truly clean.

47. I'm really bad at getting stains out of clothes.

48. I currently have a pile of stained baby clothes waiting to be saved. They are probably permanently ruined.

49. I just recently joined Facebook because I was invited to join a group from my high school graduating class.

50. I find the whole thing rather addictive.

51. I got asked to be "friends" with my first boyfriend from 6th grade.

52. That boyfriend asked me out because I said "hi" to him.

53. I then dumped that first boyfriend because once I said I would go out with him he was too shy to talk to me again.

54. I broke up with that first boyfriend to date his best friend.

55. His best friend dumped me because I refused to kiss him.

56. I didn't have my first kiss until 3 years later when I was 15.

57. I didn't have another boyfriend until 7 years later when I was 19.

58. I married that boyfriend after dating him for just shy of 5 years.

59. When we first started dating, I had mono.

60. We didn't kiss for two weeks because I didn't want to give him mono.

61. We've been married for 7 1/2 years.

62. I am still amazed every day that I found such a wonderful man.

63. In college, I was the sweetheart at his fraternity.

64. Before we started dating, I went to a date party at his fraternity and won an erotic banana eating contest. Don't judge me, it was just a banana.

65. When we got married, I was petrified that the erotic banana eating contest story would somehow come up at our rehearsal dinner.

66. Once in college, my husband and I split a bottle of bourbon.

67. I made a complete fool of myself and ended up trying to start a fight with an entire fraternity.

68. If I'm going to drink, my drink of choice is a bourbon and ginger.

69. My parents' were okay with me drinking alcohol at home from the age of 14 or so.

70. This totally freaked me out and I never really drank until the summer after my freshman year of college.

71. When I was in college, I usually chose to hang out with a group of guy friends rather than female friends.

72. I really miss hanging out with guy friends now that I'm out of college.

73. Although I miss my guy friends, I'm really grateful for the close female friends that I have now.

74. Even though I always did well in school, my only true ambition in life was to be a mom.

75. Sometimes I feel that I should be doing more to help make the world a better place.

76. My biggest goal for my son is that he grows up to be a confident, kind and caring person.

77. I taught third grade for one year.

78. Classroom management was NOT my strength.

79. I had a student who told me he wished he had a gun so he could shoot me.

80. I worked as a Director of Education at a Sylvan Learning Center for 5 years.

81. I feel I was really good at that job. I loved it!

82. I feel really grateful that I've been able to be home full-time with my son for the last two years.

83. I might have gone stir crazy being at home if it wasn't for a great group of moms that I met at a breastfeeding support group.

84. Two years later I see at least one of those moms every week.

85. When we move, I really hope that I can find another group of moms to hang out with--for John's sake as much as for mine.

86. I can't believe that I haven't gone back and deleted #64.

87. I can type really well without looking at the keyboard.

88. When I was about 10 years old I thought it was really cool to write this sentence over and over using my mom's typewriter: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

89. I wonder if you think this post is really boring.

90. I know there must be more interesting things to share about myself, but I can't think of a single one of them.

91. I hate to exercise.

92. Luckily, I've always been thin and have good metabolism.

93. When I graduated from high school, I still weighed less than 100 lbs.

94. When I was pregnant with my first son, I put on 39 lbs and felt HUGE.

95. Both of my sons have been very active babies in utero.

96. After John was born, I missed having him moving around inside me.

97. This little guy has been SO active that I think I might be relieved when my belly stops moving all the time.

98. My second son is due to be born in less than 8 weeks.

99. I'm freaking out a bit about having two babies to take care of.

100. I'm so excited to be done with this list!

13 comments:

Lydee said...

happy 100 posts! this is definitely a crack me up post! Especially #64! LOL!

I also missed feeling the baby move after she was born.

Happy posting!

sophanne said...

What a great great post. Too bad they can't have ice-cream swaps (like the coffe tea and sock swaps.) We would both be SO about IT!

Skamamama said...

i had fun reading this! it was neat how many of the earlier on facts i already knew! i did not however know about the banana!! :)
remind me who the 6th grade bf was!

Anonymous said...

My 100th post is coming up, maybe if I start now I will think of 100 things about me by then.

Anonymous said...

I did know about #64 - it was even more shocking then!
I am getting pretty nostalgic these days - between touching blogs, facebook and seeing you it really hits home how much I miss people.

Anonymous said...

We are shockingly similar, though I have not eaten ice cream in the bath. Goes without saying that I will try it at the first opportunity. Also I didn't like my job so much and I put on 65lbs in both of my pregnancies, talk about HUGE.

Anonymous said...

I loved learning new things about you through this! Look forward to talking again soon!

Careyanne Deyo said...

Haley - your blog is completely beautiful! Congrats on your 100th post!

Taylor, PK & Fin said...

I second what Careyanne said! Congrats on your 100th post. Your blog is so much fun to read and I feel you're not as far away because of it. I'm glad you're a Facebook addict too - we're the only ones to have posted high school pics thus far I think!! I hope you have more because I do!

Haley said...

glad everyone is enjoying the post! taylor--i can't take any credit for the high school pics. that's all my sister's doing.

JulieFrick said...

I love this post and wasn't bored AT ALL. The erotic banana thing earns you new respect, in my book. I am totally jealous at the amount of eating you can do and still remain thin. I so want a hot fudge sundae right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley!

Thanks so much for keeping in touch! And congratulations on your second child on the way! Right now I couldn't imagine having 2 to take care of, but I'm sure they get easier as they get older. I'm also a knitter, so I'm enjoying looking through your patterns.

Take care and rest!
Anne-Marie

Debra said...

I can't believe your mom didn't know she was having twins?! That would be wild wouldn't it?!!! Any elaboration on that would be interesting.

Countdown for you, 8 wks to twins? You never know? Except that you've probably had an ultrasound and know that it's not.

I am impressed you came up with 100things to write! Way to go!