Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally In the Christmas Spirit

It's only midway through December and I'm finally in the Christmas spirit. I thought I might miss it all together this year. For some reason, I've been feeling very "Bah Humbug." Maybe it was the very (to me) unseasonably warm weather. Maybe it was our lack of Christmas tree. Maybe it's the fact that I was so overwhelmed with things to do. Whatever it was, it seems to have passed because I am finally enjoying the fact that Christmas is almost here.

I got my Christmas cards done and in the mail yesterday. I didn't have time to hand-write notes in them this year. I had to resort to a (gasp) typed letter. Oh well. I still managed to get all 125 of them done. If you didn't get one, I apologize but I ran out of cards and pictures and motivation. I had a lot of trouble getting a good picture of both boys smiling and looking at the camera. After taking over 170 pictures, I made myself stop and just use the best of the bunch. Some funny outakes can be seen below:


I've finished knitting 2 Christmas presents and J's Christmas vest. I will blog about them when I have more time (probably after the holidays). I still have 3 gifts to knit, 1 gift to craft and 1 gift to sew. I can do all that in a week, right? Hope so.

We got our Christmas tree yesterday. We just went to Lowe's and got a 6-7 foot Douglas Fir. Since we were so late this year, they were on sale and we got it for all of $17. I guess that's a good thing since it will only be up for around a week. Oh well. B wanted to get a fake one, but I just wasn't ready for that just yet. I love real trees. Our tree looks nice and J had a BLAST decorating it. Here are some pics.


As you can see, J really liked to stick all of the ornaments in one spot. He would carefully hang them so they were on the very tip of the branch. He was REALLY adorable during this process. N didn't care so much just yet.

We also went on a trolley tour of lights in the neighborhood. (Yes, there is a trolley that drives around our neighborhood--crazy, huh?) It was warm, but fun. We convinced our neighborhood friends to go and it was a nice way to spend half and hour.

Today it's in the 70s. We had a picnic lunch at the park. Crazy, Texas weather! But, hey, my friend Sunshine is back and I am loving it!

6 comments:

sophanne said...

I think that first out take is "cardworthy" They look so completely happy. It's beautiful. Ho ho ho and all that.

Blonde Momma said...

I know what you mean about the "bah humbug". I think I finally got into the spirit this weekend.

Anonymous said...

glad you finally got a tree, love you and can't wait to see you in a week, can't belive N is crawling! (are you proud of me, I said, "N"?)

Lydee said...

125 cards?!! woah.
The boys are so handsome! Cute outtakes.

Carol said...

Beautiful pictures... Your boys are growing up fast!!! I love real trees and that one is gorgeous. My daughter bought her tree on Saturday and she paid $30 for it!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Our xmas card photo session felt like a Saturday Night Live skit :)....Happy holidays to you and your family!