Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Again

The boys and I got back last night from a lovely trip "home" to Virginia. We got to hang out with my parents and my sister and brother and my six nieces and nephews there. Here are a few photos from our trip:

My oldest nephew Michael with a raccoon skull found while exploring the woods near my parents' house.



J, N, Michael and Lizzie with my mom at the local children's museum.



My mom and N.



My mom convinced the three "big kids" to take some quiet time by resting together in her bed.



My oldest nephew, Michael, just turned 7. He waited to have his family party until we were there. We had it at the pool.

The three oldest, Michael(7), Lizzie(5) and Joe(5), all loved jumping off the diving board. In this picture, Michael just jumped and Lizzie is getting ready. I love the expression on her happy face!



Lizzie in mid jump.



My dad got in on the action and attempted a back flip.



My sister and mom with all eight grandchildren in the pool.



My mom and dad.



Michael blowing out his candles with his "sidekick." N.



My sister and her daughter.



All eight grandchildren playing outside at my brother's house. My brother's triplets, Reed, Madeline and Mary (climbing), are the three in the front of the picture. His oldest, Joe, is standing on the platform in the blue shirt. My sister's children are Lizzie (in yellow) and Michael (in orange.)


As always, the trip was too short, but lots of fun. I miss everyone already!

1 comment:

jenleic2008 said...

It looks like lots of fun. I know your mom was in heaven with all of the grandkids with her. Glad to have you back.