Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this weekend. Having parents that are still happily married seems like such a rarity these days. I feel so very blessed to have such loving parents and even more blessed that they love each other so much. Anyway, here is a picture of my parents from their wedding reception.


I love this picture. I love the way my mom and dad are looking at each other with such love and joy. I love that that they have their drinks in hand and are ready to party. This picture just captures the essence of my parents and that makes me happy.

My parents have taught me so much about life and how to live it. Many of those things are related to how to treat others and how to love and support someone.

B and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary this August. I feel so blessed to have him. I can't wait to celebrate 40 years with him. I'm hoping we'll get to celebrate 50 and 60 years too.

Anyway, thinking of my parents tonight just makes me feel very blessed. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for all that you do. Oh, and be ready to party in ten years because there will be a party to celebrate your 50th!

No comments: