Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Socktopus: A Work in Progress

I found this adorable softie pattern on knitty.com (click here for the free pattern). I just thought is was SO adorable and a fun way to use up lots of little bits of yarn leftover from other projects. Anyway, my friend Carol decided to make one too so we are having a little knitalong. Here is a picture of my progress so far:


Mine is a little smaller than the one in the pattern pictures because I am using worsted weight yarn instead of chuny yarn. Each leg will have a different sock knitted on. My first one is a knee sock made out of self-striping yarn. My next sock will be a calf-height white and green athletic sock. It's been fun trying to make plan out each sock so it is unique yet goes with the rest of the socktopus. Wish me luck!

In other news, I met with my knitters last night but only two of them ended up coming as we were having severe thunderstorm warnings. The two that came were just learning how to purl when the tornado sirens went off in the distance because the thunderstorms were leading to tornados. So they rushed home and we kept an eye on the tv and internet for weather updates. I hated that our night was cut short as both of my friends were doing a great job and were really excited about learning how to purl.

Anyway, about 20 minutes later the tornado siren at the end of our street went off, we grabbed the boys and the dogs and spent about 25 minutes hanging out in the closet. Good times! Luckily, no tornados touched down in our area. I am NOT looking forward to tornado season. I was wishing I was back safe in Cleveland with the snow and ice and freezing weather. However, today was sunny and beautiful and I began to forgive Texas for its stupid tornados. We'll see how I feel next time I hear that siren.

1 comment:

Lydee said...

glad you all are ok. parts of ohio and wv had tornado watches last night. I grabbed the girls and ran down to the basement all because I was scared of a little wind :-)