Saturday, July 17, 2010

Home Again

Sorry for the huge break in posting. We got home this afternoon from our yearly trip to the beach with my family. It was a blast, but exhausting.

We decided to drive this year (about 1200 miles each way). So I freaked out and spent the whole week before we left working on things to entertain the boys on the drive. We left at 5:00AM last Friday and took two days to get to our vacation in Oak Island, NC. We had a wonderful week in a house with my husband, my boys, my parents, my sister and her husband, my brother and his wife and six nieces and nephews (ranging in age from almost 3 years to almost 7 years old). Within a few blocks were five other houses of extended relatives. A fun, fun week at the beach! We left the beach yesterday morning and arrived home today around 3PM.

We're all exhausted and glad to be home in our own beds (especially after the four of us shared a room for the last week and a car for many many hours). However, I'm already missing everyone terribly. It was SO much fun, but a week is never long enough.

I promise I will post pics and funny stories soon. For now, I'm off to enjoy my bed (and the peace and quiet of my house).

2 comments:

Nicole B. said...

welcome back!

Lydee said...

can't wait to see pics! we opted not to go to the beach this year. sniff. maybe next year.