Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Salina!

Finally got myself together and sewed the sleeves on my sweater and I'm so glad I did. I really like the way it turned out.

Here are the pics from my photo shoot yesterday. As you can see, J decided to join me and make funny faces. Got to love him!




Pattern: Salina by Kim Hargreaves
Size: XS/ 32" bust
Yarn: 9 skeins of Knit Picks City Tweed DK in Plum Wine (55% Merino Wool/ 25% Superfine Alpaca/ 20% Donegal Tweed/ 123 yds/ 50g)
Needles: Size 5 (body), Size 3 (seed stitch cuff and bottom edge)
Modifications: Knit in the round up to armhole shaping. I also knit the cuffs directly on the sleeves. I cast on 63 stitches with size 3 needles and knit 30 rows of seed stitch even. Then I bound off 3 st at the beginning of the next two rows and switched to size 5 needles and joined to knit in the round (57 st). I had to switch the beginning of round to the opposite side of the cuff. I then knit the sleeves in the round to the sleeve cap shaping.
Buttons: Favorite Finding Shellz by Lansing--4 approximately 3/8" square (came in a bag of 40 with both squares and rectangles)

Ravelry link to my sweater.

1 comment: