Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday: Triplets Edition

Yes, you read that right: Triplets Edition. They have arrived. Just got back in town, but had to share so I thought I'd do it in a Top Ten Tuesday post. So this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is

Top Ten Things You Need To Know About My Brother's Triplets

(quite a mouthful, isn't it?)


10. Back in April, my brother (John) and his wife (Shelley) found out that their second child was actually triplets. They already have a little boy, Joseph, who turned two in June.


9. It was a bit of a shocker as they didn't do any kind of fertility. It was all natural. Crazy, huh? Very rare. Very exciting.


8. In June, they found out they were having two girls and a boy.


7. Shelley made it all the way to 31 weeks before she had to go on bed rest.


6. This past Thursday, September 27, 2007, at 35 1/2 weeks, the triplets were born! Reed, Mary and Madeline--welcome!

Shelley with Reed, Madeline and Mary.


5. They are all healthy and doing great. No respirators! No ventilators!

4. They all weighed over 4 lbs! Very impressive for triplets. Shelley delivered over 13 lbs of baby. You go, girl!



Reed-9/28/07


3. At this point, at less than a week old, only one of the little ones (Mary) is still in the isolet. The other two are controlling their body temperature all on their own and doing well.


Mary-9/28/07


2. Reed is eating totally on his own and Madeline and Mary are only using the feeding tubes to top them off when they don't eat well. Isn't that awesome!


Madeline-9/28/07


1. Reed went home already today (that is unheard of in preemie/triplets--to go home in less than a week). Madeline will probably go home either Wednesday or Thursday. Wow! You go, little babies!



I haven't had a chance to go see the triplets myself, but I got these pics from my family. We were in Oregon to meet my nephew (my husband's sister's first child) who got baptized this weekend. We will head to Virginia to meet the triplets in person in the next few weeks. If you want to know more, check out the triplet website.



I hope you all are doing well. I have so much to tell you, but it will have to wait for another day. I've been up for way too long and I'm exhausted. Catch up with you soon!

3 comments:

sophanne said...

That is simply amazing- when you get time will you check the link? I couldn't get it to happen.. thanks!

Haley said...

Thanks for letting me know, sophanne. it worked for me. let me know if anyone else has problems with it. You can also try using the "The Triplets" link in my "Other Places Where I Get My Fix" list to the right of the post.

Carol said...

Congratulations to your brother and his wife the babies are adorable :)