Thursday, October 4, 2007

Where to Begin...

Well, lots has happened in life since I took my blogging hiatus so I'm going to try to do a quick recap.



Little Man and I spent a few days in Virginia visiting family. We came home for a week and had a dead modem for most of it. Then Brian, Little Man and I went to Portland, OR for 5 days to visit with more family (including my adorable new nephew Oscar).


While I was in Virginia, Brian quit his job at the brewery. It's a long story with lots of crazy, twisted details, but let's just say that he did not agree with the way the business was being run and felt that it was best for us if he left the situation. It's not ideal (no paycheck and all), but it should be for the best in the long run--if we don't go broke in the meantime.

On the day we were traveling to Oregon, my brother and his wife had their triplets. (see previous post for more details.)



We had lots of fun in Oregon, but didn't get a lot of rest. Little Man was thrown by the time change and the crazy social calendar. His eating and sleeping were way off and naps were short and sporadic. He tended to wake up between 4 and 5 AM each morning so we were all a bit tired. However, we had tons of fun with our family and Little Man LOVED his cousin Oscar. He got so excited every time he saw him. He was also a big fan of their dog Hazel. So despite the tiredness and the rainy weather, we had lots of fun.


I haven't blogged, read blogs, or done much phonics workbook work recently, but I have done some knitting. I did a set of hats for a friend's three children (a newborn girl, a 2 year-old girl, and a 7 year-old son). I made some hats for Little Man and his Virginia cousins. I also finished another Wallaby and most of Little Man's sheep costume sweater.


Anyway, I'm really behind on my work and my house is a mess and I'm still tired from traveling, so what do I get this morning...my Ravelry invite! So I'm now on Ravelry (Haley327), but it will be a while before my projects and what not are there. Crazy. Like I really need something else on my plate--but I just can't resist.



I think that's everything major to tell for now. Hope you are all doing well and that I get to catch up on reading your blogs soon.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Whew. I'm tired just reading about it. I think a Ravelry trip is just the ticket. (I'm YarnhogSV--come visit!)

Debra said...

Congratulations on Ravelry! I'm on a waiting list.