Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday: Lessons from Little Man Edition

It's been FOREVER since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday and I'm determined to do one today despite the fact that I'm exhausted from a night of swimming class with a very clingy little man, behind on my Sylvan work because of a weekend of poor sleep and a killer cold, and hungry for a huge bowl of ice cream (don't worry I'll indulge in that one shortly). I thought about doing one on the general status of life at the moment (something like Top Ten Things Keeping Me Awake at Night), but that seemed a bit too heavy for my exhausted mental state so I decided to take an idea that's been floating around my head and make it into a Top Ten Tuesday topic. I haven't written it out yet, but I in my head this one makes a great simple picture book. Anyway, this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is...

Top Ten Lessons Little Man Has Learned About Dogs
10. Dogs don't like hats.
9. Dogs don't like hugs.
8. Dogs don't like blankets on their heads.
7. Dogs don't like to play with battery-operated trains or cars.
6. Dogs don't like to be "drums."
5. Sleeping dogs are best left alone.
4. Dogs will not only give lots of kisses (licks), but they will also take kisses (especially when a "kiss" is a gentle resting of your head on their back).
3. Dogs will travel from another floor of the house to lick a freshly-exited highchair.
2. Dogs will stare at the floor beneath a highchair as long as the chair is inhabited.
1. Dogs bark a LOT, but are generally good to have around.
Thanks to Zoe and Pauli for being our two patient and loving dogs. Hope you all are doing well these days. Life here is somewhat stressful, but also good. Brian has a job interview on Friday so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Will keep you all posted on new developments.
And another thing that's been FOREVER in coming, knitting content in the near future. It's true, I've actually done a little knitting.

5 comments:

sophanne said...

excellent notes from little man. Brian needs to tell the interviewer that a job is just what the doctor ordered! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Glad to get to catch up today! I loved the post - many things sound very familiar :)

Anonymous said...

It is a very symbiotic relationship between dog and little person in the highchair.
thanks for the flower!!!

Yarnhog said...

You forgot, "Dogs don't like to share their gooey rawhide bones with teething babies." Or is that only in my house?

I can totally see it as a picture book, too!

Lydee said...

That is sweet, love it!