Thursday, August 21, 2008

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting...

Sorry for the random title. But I thought I'd go with it. A random title for a post of random thoughts. That song's been stuck in my head for days, thanks to Erin. Thought I'd pass it along.


Just thought I'd share a few quick pictures and a few quick thoughts. Brian's been out of town all week, but returns tonight so the boys and I are excited.

It rained most of the week which is great for the grass and plants, but not so great for a mom with an antsy two year old. Oh well! It cleared up long enough for us to go to the playground last night which was wet, but wonderful. We LOVE having a playground in walking distance of our house.


I've been busy unpacking odds and ends now that all the important stuff has been taken care of. We're not done yet, but we're getting closer. I no longer feel like I'm surrounded by boxes. Unfortunately, the stuff that is left is the stuff you don't really need that often and it all has the potential for sitting in boxes until our next move. Hmmm... What to do with it all? So far I've managed to come up with about 5 boxes of items to donate. I think I'm going to donate them to this local cause.

John's been demonstrating his "skills" recently. One of his favorites is lining things up. He does it with books...

with shoes...
and, my personal favorite, with diapers. Nice, huh?


Norm's favorite new skill is showing off his head holding ability. Look at this cutie!


He also loves to hold his toys. Here he is holding the caterpillar toy I knit for him. He actually likes it. So exciting!
Speaking of knitting, I actual knit last night for the first time. I knit part of a sleeve on John's rainbow cardigan while watching the Olympics (mainly women's beach volleyball finals--go USA!). It was really nice to sit and relax and take a break from packing. Since Norm slept through the night again last night--go Norm!--I should get a chance to do more knitting again soon since I should be more rested. Woo hoo! Everybody was kung fu fighting...

4 comments:

Jadielady said...

YAY for knitting! I get so antsy when I don't get to knit for a few days.

Anonymous said...

that pic of norm holding his head up is TOOOO cute!!!

Taylor, PK & Fin said...

Norm is TOO cute for words! This picture of him is adorable. Fin was lining up books today too. They were a sidewalk he was hammering in place! Kids are funny.

Lydee said...

LOL at the diaper picture!
Norm is such a cutie!