Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Intarsia: You are NOT my friend

My sister recently told me that my niece is into Hello Kitty so I decided I wanted to knit her a little purse with Hello Kitty on it.

I searched around online and saw a few projects, but couldn't find a pattern for what I wanted. So I found this dishcloth pattern that had a Hello Kitty chart and this purse pattern that had some good construction ideas and used the two to make up my own purse pattern.

I decided to knit in the round. Intarsia in the round sounds like a good idea, but it's not. Think LOTS of yarn ends. Think lots of chances for holes. Know--Intarsia is NOT my friend. It's been a while since I've done intarsia. I had forgotten that it was not my friend.

I'm on my second Hello Kitty purse attempt. Hopefully it will go better than the first. I'm not counting on it. Again, Intarsia is NOT my friend.

2 comments:

sophanne said...

maybe you need those little bobbin things?

Anonymous said...

all i know is that Intarsia sounds like a disease, so no wonder it's bad!! haha!