Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hmmm...Not sure how this one's going to turn out

I started my Petal Halter. I did the first two of six petals. I joined them together and tried them on. They were way too big to be the top of my halter, but they fit nicely on my hips.

I think I'll try to make the next two smaller and leave these as is for now. Maybe I'll make my top kind of a bell shape--getting gradually larger from top to bottom. My stitch gauge is slightly off (on the small side). I tried to compensate for this by casting on a few extra stitches. I think if I do this band of petals on my hips that I will have to make four rows of petals instead of three. I hope I have enough yarn. Not sure how this one is going to turn out, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. We will see...


bodoba said...

I am extremely impressed with your tension. It's perfect! I'm sure the finished project will look awesome!

Lydee said...

fingers crossed!