Monday, September 13, 2010

Finished...Mostly!

I finished my Plain and Simple Pullover except that I am having button issues.


These are my first three options and I didn't like any of them :(.

The red and white faces were too whimsical, too in your face, and slightly too large. The grey tortoise shell were too close of a match and totally blended into the background. The purply ones were too flat and just not quite the right match in style.

Part of the problem is that I can't quite decide what I want. My sweater is less delicate than the one in the pattern since I used a heavier yarn. I feel like my buttons need to be a little more substantial too, but not too substantial. I want buttons with personality, but not so much that they take over the whole sweater. Hmmm...

I've been obsessing over this all afternoon. I ordered two new sets. Will update you as I decide. I will save my official finished post with all the details until buttons are in place and proper pics have been taken. Wish me luck! And feel to leave comments with any thoughts or suggestions.

No comments: