Monday, January 24, 2011

All Dressed Up with Nowhere to Go

Today is THE day. The day my house officially goes on the market. Supposedly. After weeks of decluttering, reorganizing, rearranging, painting and cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning, my house is ready and it is BEAUTIFUL.

I have been waiting around all day like someone waiting for her blind date to arrive--or maybe prom date--although I've never been on either but I think this is how it would feel. I keep looking at my phone hoping for messages from the showing service, peeking out the window waiting for the For Sale sign to appear in the front yard, checking online to see my listing on Realtor.com, primping my house to make sure it's ready by wiping down cabinets, dusting shutters, wiping spots off floors. And nothing. No sign. No listing. No calls.

My house is all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Edited at 10:10PM: Made it online by 6:30PM. Sign in the yard by 8PM. Better late than never. Now just waiting for the calls to come rolling in. Fingers crossed. Prayers said.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

I've never had to sell a house, but I can imagine how nerve-wracking it must be! Best of luck. :)