Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Create...a healthier me

As I mentioned one of my goals for this year is to create a healthier me (and also a healthier family). One way I've been doing this is by making smoothies. I usually make one at least every other day. I've been trying to get the boys to try them, but so far they haven't liked them (or usually even tried them). Oh well. I'm really enjoying them. So far I've had blueberry/cucumber, banana/peanut butter /dash of espresso, and peach/blackberry/spinach. All have been good and my fruits and vegetables intake has increased dramatically (sad, but true).

Tonight I created a homemade pizza which was delicious.


It had fire-roasted tomatoes (instead of pizza sauce), a little bit of bacon, a little bit of maple-glazed ham, a little bit of shredded Italian cheeses and Montchevre goat cheese. It was really good!

I also had a spinach salad with apple pear, walnuts, crumbled goat cheese and a blush wine vinaigrette.

Yum! Let's hope I can keep up the motivation to create more healthy and interesting meals for me and my family. (For those who are wondering, no my boys did not try either of these delicious items. Oh well.)

2 comments:

Nicole B. said...

good for you! looks very yummy!

jenleic2008 said...

Look at you! Fancy!