Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Delicious Cheddar Dill Biscuits

I've been using the website relishrelish.com for the last month or so to get new recipes to cook each week. You can print 5 recipes (each recipe includes an entree and a side) each week and the site also generates a shopping list for you. I have not made all 5 of the recipes most weeks, but I've tried a bunch and have really enjoyed it. I'm cooking more and enjoying it.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I made a Robust Vegetable Soup and Cheddar Dill Biscuits. The soup was okay, but the biscuits were delicious. Tonight I made a Peruvian Quinoa Stew. Instead of the suggested side, I made the Cheddar Dill Biscuits again--with a few substitutions. Anyway, the stew was okay, but the biscuits were divine. Just had to share.


Cheddar Dill Biscuits (makes 12-15)
adapted from the recipe on relishrelish.com

1 1/2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

5 tablespoons butter, softened, cut into bits

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons freeze-dried dill (can sub fresh, chopped)

3/4 cup sour cream (can sub in plain yogurt, but it's not as good)
1/3 cup milk (I used skim)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Using an electric mixer (I used a hand mixer), mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheddar cheese and dill and mix until just combined.

In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and milk, then add to flour mixture and mix with a spoon until dough just comes together. Spoon tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto an ungreased large baking sheet (12 to a baking sheet). Bake until puffed and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.

Enjoy! These turned out so light and fluffy and moist. Yum!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I think I could eat the whole batch!