Friday, December 28, 2007

I thought it was the post-Christmas blues (a rambling Christmas post)

I thought I had a case of the post-Christmas blues, but it ended up being the stomach flu instead. Fun! fun! But I'm all recovered now, well mostly, just a bit drained.

Christmas itself was strange this year because it was my first spent here in Ohio with Brian's part of our family. His family gatherings are a lot quieter than mine as my family has a lot more little ones. Anyway, it was still nice although very different.

Being unemployed and watching our funds depleting more quickly than we would like put a slight damper on the holidays. There's something innately wrong about discussing the possibility of having to move on Christmas Eve or looking for new job postings on Christmas day. Oh well. Such is life.

We leave on January 1st to head to Virginia to have a belated celebration with my family. So the post-Christmas letdown was only a partial one as there is still some celebrating to do. I did go ahead and undecorate the tree--much to Little Man's disappointment. The rest of the decorations will wait until we return from Virginia. Little Man had a wonderful time this Christmas and I promise some pics of his precious self shortly.

The other big news to come is that I have my ultrasound scheduled on the 31st and we will hopefully find out if our next little one is a boy or a girl. I can't wait!

2 comments:

sophanne said...

Good to hear you're out there. I know you will be well.

Lydee said...

You guys are having a rough go of it. My prayers are with you all, and I hope you all feel better.