I got tagged multiple times on Facebook to do this and since I never did the 7 Random Things About Me that I got tagged for on here, I thought I'd just copy my note from Facebook onto the blog. And without further run-on sentences, here are 25 Random Things About Me:
1. My favorite beverage: milk (I drink at least one HUGE glass every night with dinner).
2. My favorite mixed drink: Bourbon and Ginger.
3. My favorite beer: a cold one on a hot day.
4. My favorite wine: Reisling.
5. I eat at least 2 bowls of cereal (usually 3 or 4) each morning for breakfast.
6. I love Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter cereal. I also love Count Chocula, but rarely eat it now that J is old enough to notice what I'm eating for breakfast. He also is a huge cereal fan.
7. I was a really picky eater as a child and never tried a lot of my now favorite foods until I was in college including: salads, asparagus, cream cheese, sour cream, and Taco Bell.
8. I often go 2 or 3 days without eating a single fruit or vegetable (unless you count ketchup as a vegetable.)
9. I wish I was a healthier eater for my children's sake.
10. I thought having children would make me a healthier eater, but it hasn't.
11. We have owned a treadmill for several years, but I just started using it a few weeks ago.
12. I'm walking around 30 minutes a day (about 1.25-1.5 miles).
13. This is the longest I've ever stuck to any kind of exercise/workout program EVER and I'm excited.
14. I feel better about myself and feel like I'm making a healthy life choice.
15. I've always been blessed with good metabolism and didn't reach 100 lbs until I was in college.
16. I used to hate my legs because I thought they were too skinny.
17. No such problem after turning 30 and having two children.
18. I have an addictive personality which is why I avoid coffee, most soft drinks, recreational drugs and gambling.
19. My current addictions include knitting, the internet, and chocolate.
20. When I'm done with this list, I'm going to bake brownies and eat them all before tomorrow night. Once I have the first one, I won't be able to stop.
21. I love to knit because I'm okay at it and I like to try new patterns and make new things. It makes me feel more productive if I watch TV and knit instead of just sitting there and watching TV.
22. Even though I love to knit and have been doing it for over 4 years, I still feel somewhat like a poser when I get amongst serious knitters. I like to knit with acrylic, have never knitted socks, have only knitted two adult garments, and am not very talented when it comes to creating my own patterns (although I love to adapt other people's patterns to meet my own needs).
23. When I was a baby, my dad thought I looked like Wee Willy Winkie so he started calling me Willy. He still calls me Willy to this day and my brother calls me Willy or Wilbur.
24. I just went back and renumbered items and split things into multiple lines so I was almost done because I'm tired of doing this and want to go make/eat brownies.
25. I wonder if anyone will care about any of the items I just shared.