Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elephants, Rockstars and Frozen Margaritas!

On Saturday, I had my birthday. I'm not afraid to say that I am now 34. It was a wonderful day with only one thing missing: my twin sister. I missed all my family, but it is just WRONG to spend my birthday without my sister. Luckily, I get to go see her in less than a week.

Anyway, we started the day with a family trip to the circus. This was the first circus trip for B and both boys. We had fun although J was disappointed there weren't more animals (only tigers, elephants, sheepdogs, a little dog, and miniature horses). I thought it was all very entertaining. Here are a few pics:

I love elephants! Here's a closeup of one that was giving rides before the circus began.



The tigers performed in the ring closest to us which was cool. They were the first act. Very impressive and such beautiful animals.
The tiger tamer was a hilarious guy with rock star hair and tigerprint pants. He thought he was a rock star too. VERY entertaining. He returned in several acrobatic acts including this one:

He's the guy on the outside of the top ring. Yes, the rings were spinning at the time.


And, of course, I had to take a photo of the elephant act.
Then later that night, we got a sitter and B and I went bowling with our best friends in the neighborhood. I haven't been bowling since middle school and even though I am awful (my scores ranged from 44 to 72) we had a blast!

It was SO much fun. Maybe a little too much fun (pitchers of beer and frozen strawberry margaritas), but a great way to celebrate my birthday! I am a truly blessed person.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

you guys are adorable! I'm glad you had a great birthday!