Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

It's Father's Day. Little man is napping. He and the dogs gave us a Father's Day gift of sleeping in this morning until 7:30AM. Very nice! Then we all went on a morning doughnut run. My husband loves doughnuts.




As I was trying to decide what to get my husband for Father's Day (since little man is too young to decide for himself), I started feeling guilty that I had never knit anything for my husband. I've knitted gifts for all kinds of babies, friends, family, co-workers, but never for my husband.






He's not a scarf wearer or he definitely would have gotten one when I first started knitting. I must have made almost 50 scarves in that initial knitting period when I was too scared to try anything harder, but was having lots of fun playing with color, yarn, and stitch patterns. I've since moved on to softies, hats and sweaters--but only baby-size ones.





It's definitely time to branch out. I've seen others do it. I can do it, too. Man-size knits here I come. A hat. Some mittens. A sweater. Well, at least a hat. Let's not get too crazy here. Whatever I make, I hope he'll love it and remember how much I love him. I guarantee I'll love making it. That's what I love about knitting. I have fun doing it and when I'm done I have a finished project that I can give to someone for them to enjoy. More fun for me.

So, I'll be adding man-size knits to my "On the Needles/On the Brain" list. Any suggestions on patterns?



And a picture of my dad with little man in honor of Father's Day! Thanks for the inspiration, Minty :).

No comments: