Monday, June 25, 2007

Top Ten Things My Refrigerator Junk Says About Me: Some True and Some Not

It's Top Ten Tuesday again.







I have several friends who are trying to sell their houses. I was thinking about trying to sell my house and it made me cringe. How would I possibly keep it clean and neat enough? What would people think when they walked through my house? Would they judge me by my junk? Thus, this week's topic: Top Ten Things My Refrigerator Junk Says About Me (Some True and Some Not).







10. I have children. (Partly true: I have one child, but he's not pictured on my fridge. These are all pictures of my niece and nephews. In fact, they are all OLD pictures of my niece and nephews. Note to self: Must update pictures.)




9. I have a dog. (Partly true: I actually have two dogs. This magnet is made from a picture of my oldest dog Zoe when she was a puppy. She is now 9 and my other dog Pauli is almost 7. I consider them my first two children. My mom gets mad at me because when I talk to Little Man I refer to the dogs as "your sisters.")



8. I like takeout food. (True: I'm not a great cook and I really don't enjoy cooking. Oddly enough I don't get takeout very often, but enjoy it when I do. Buca is a special treat. The New Peking House happens more often.)


Did anyone notice the Winnie the Pooh magnet? It's actually a Shrinky Dink. Remember Shrinky Dinks? When my husband and I were dating, he once gave me Shrinky Dinks and a balloon animal making kit for Valentines. This is one of the Shrinky Dinks I made.








7. I have a toddler and I make sure he eats a balanced diet. (Partly true: I do have a toddler and I wish he ate a balanced diet, but he really doesn't. He eats a good quantity of food, but not a good variety. Little Man is a very picky eater. He will only eat these foods: cereal, banana, pear, apple, yogurt, freeze-dried corn, mac n' cheese, chicken nuggets, string cheese, pretzels, other crunchy snacky food, vanilla ice cream. And last night he discovered ketchup for the first time--does that count as a vegetable? All other foods he touches and deems unworthy of entering his mouth. He's just like me as a child. I hope he grows up to be a healthier eater than I am.)




6. I went to my knit shop in both May and June and used this lovely coupon. (Not True: I only went in June and I didn't have a coupon because the idiot that I am never signed up on the mailing list. However, Jackie at The Knitting Garden was kind enough to give me this coupon that had been undeliverable to someone else. Thanks, Jackie and the 20% off coupon! You are the best!)




5. I am interested in breweries. (True: In fact, this is an article about the brewery that my husband is opening. Very exciting! )









4. I don't get a babysitter very often. (True: As you can see the Babysitter Notes magnet has never been filled in although I did put a contact number on it once in hopes that we would get a sitter. We have since found one and hope to have a date night once a month. Happy Times!)




3. I am a good person and donate blood on a regular basis. (Not True: The good person in our household is my husband. He is so good to donate blood every time he is able. I, on the otherhand, cringe at the sight of blood and needles. My "excuse" is that I don't weigh enough, but even if I did I would probably not do it. I really respect that my husband does.)

By the way, did anyone notice that the calendar is on April? I took this picture yesterday. Oops!




2. I am a highly organized and motivated cleaner and I clean my whole house every week. (Really Not True: I want to be a highly organized and motivated cleaner. I want to clean my whole house every week, but this almost NEVER happens. But I hope that someday making lists like this will help me do it.)



1. I have a sense of humor about my housecleaning skills. (True: "Maybe Today." Maybe Not. Such is life.)



And to end, a Little Man update. He's still extra snotty, but seemed better yesterday. Unfortunately, last night I had to get up with him eight or nine times between 11:30PM and 5:30AM. We'll be checking in with the pediatrician today. Here's a little pic of my sweet little man.




Edited 12/3/08

4 comments:

sophanne said...

And I'm guessing...

11. You know about Fly Lady. If not, google her and you'll see what Lydee taught me about keeping up with the house junk.

Anonymous said...

I can relate especially #7 Nate is the pickiest eater ever.

Have a good day:)

Haley said...

sophanne-- no i didn't know about Fly Lady. thanks for introducing me to her. sounds very useful. must motivate myself to try some of her techniques. --haley

Lydee said...

Aww, hope little man and you will be sleeping through the night again in the near future.

Yeah, flylady is good stuff, my enthusiam has peaked and leveled off, but the basics are good stuff, and good for eliminating all the house guilt (with a surprisingly small amount of work).