Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Top Ten Tuesday

I see a lot of people doing Eye Candy Friday, but I thought I'd try something a little different. So here is the first installment of what I plan to be my weekly feature: Top Ten Tuesday.

I'll start with an easy one because I'm starting a new job this week (more on that in a later post) so I don't have a lot of time AND little man was up a lot last night (not sure why) and so I'm tired and don't have a lot of extra brain power.




Top Ten Reasons I Knit



10. I love the many colors and textures of yarn. There are so many beautiful options out there. I just need to do something with them.



9. It supports my TV habit. I feel lazy (guilty?) if I just sit and watch TV at night. BUT if I'm watching TV and knitting then I'm being productive.



8. I love to be productive. I like doing something that results in a finished product.



7. I like being creative. I never knit a pattern with the exact yarn that is suggested. I like to pick my own yarn and recently add my own designs. Next step will be to design a whole sweater from scratch (yes, I am scared that it will be a complete failure).



6. There aren't nearly enough baby hats in this world.



5. It's a social outlet. I've met so many cool people through knitting.



4. I am an awful sewer, painter, drawer and general artist, but I love color and creating things.



3. I'm too young to fall asleep on the couch by 9PM every night, but I totally would if I wasn't busy knitting.



2. Since I'm not currently working (well, I'm just starting to work again), I need some sort of outlet that makes me feel like I'm skilled. I need to feel that I can do more than just entertain a 15 month-old and change diapers. And since I'm an awful housewife and mediocre cook, I get my sense of accomplisment from knitting. I also get to use parts of the brain that would otherwise be neglected (namely the creative and mathematical parts).



1. I love to give people the items that I knit. It seems selfless, but it's really the secret guilty pleasure of appreciation.
See Recently Finished Projects for more details on items pictured in this post.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, I'm SO with you on #9! It's to the point now where I actually feel guilty if I'm not knitting something while I watch TV!

Carol said...

Good idea! and good luck with the new job :)

Haley said...

Ashley--glad you can relate. i knew i couldn't be the only one out there.
carol--thanks!

MeBeth said...

Hi Haley - thanks for stopping by my blog - hope the new job is going well, I just started a new one too!

Haley said...

Beth--hope your new job (pasta?) goes well. can't wait to read all about it.