Thursday, June 14, 2007

Introduction

As you can probably tell this blog is still a work in progress, but I thought I'd do a quick intro so if you link to it, there is something here. As you can probably already tell, I'm fond of run-on sentences. I apologize in advance to any English majors, teachers or other grammatically talented and/or anal people.





I'm a former educator (elementary teacher, director of education at a tutoring service and research assistant). I am currently a full-time mom and wife. I think I'm a pretty decent mom and a loving wife, but an awful housewife and cook. I'm sure you'll read some about that in this blog. I've wanted to do a blog ever since I discovered Fricknits in December, but felt guilty doing one when my house was still a mess and my husband was cooking dinner. I still feel guilty, but have vowed to do it all. (Yeah, right.)



My son is 15 months-old. He's our first child and generally sweet. Like every mom, I think he's the most adorable baby ever. Like most first and only children, he's rotten.




My current passion is knitting. I've been knitting for several years and love to knit for babies and children. I started my knitting as a craft store knitter. Even though I've discovered my local yarn shop (The Knitting Garden) which I love, I still tend to use a lot of inexpensive craft store yarn. So, yes, horrors of all horrors, I use a lot of acrylic. If this upsets or disgusts you, you might want to stop reading this blog. I'm a budget knitter and tend to go for things that are inexpensive and wash well.




Since discovering Fricknits and Flickr, I've been inspired to try new things with my knitting and am really enjoying the new challenges.


Well, that's all for now. Have to get some dusting done before my little man wakes up from his nap.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Haley,
Welcome to blogging I'm Carol and I have a new grandson, Nate he is 16 months old... Our First and yes we spoil him rotten :P

fiosdepalha said...

Hi Haley!Welcome!
Knitting is my passion since I was a little girl. I think my mother's needles were one of my first toys.
Sorry for my english...it isn't very good.
Salomé

Taylor, PK & Fin said...

Hey Haley!
I'm glad you starting the blog. It's a fun way to share with friends/family/anyone interested! Thanks for checking out my blog every now and then...and by the way, I don't know my left from my right very well either. The left hand spells an "L" is always in the back of my mind as well!!

JulieFrick said...

Hurrah! You're here! I'll be checking in, for sure. Here at the beach, Internet is spotty at best, but I'll be a regular visitor when we return to suburbia!