Sunday, June 24, 2007

Happy Times Are Here Again

Right now Little Man has a yucky cold. The kind that kept him up in the middle of the night because he was so gooky. It was very sad. We were both very grumpy. Not only were we tired, but he felt gross and I was wasting valuable naptime sleeping instead of knitting (remember next week I have to be Super Haley). But although he still has his cold, Little Man is doing better. He's sleeping great at night and at naptime again. We are both a LOT less grumpy! Happy Times!

And last night I got to use this for the first time:



My lovely wristlet from Ashley! I love it. We went to a wedding reception last night (the actual wedding was two weeks ago--a little odd, but strangely nice to have them on different days). It was only the third time we'd gotten a baby-sitter for Little Man. In 15 months, it was only the 4th or 5th time Brian and I had gone out without him. It was lovely! He had a great time with the sitter which made me feel good. Despite Brian's cold (caught from Little Man), we had a great time too. We definitely need to do this more often. Happy Times!

Another first:


My first "real" yarn from my LYS. Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton. I used a gift certificate I got for my birthday and a little money I had set aside. So excited. I know this sounds silly, but I've never bought yarn that had to be "balled" before. I'm going to make a Placket-Neck Pullover from LMKG for Little Man. I've wanted to make one ever since I saw Nikki's on Flickr. Isn't the color beautiful? I know it will look great with Little Man's eyes. Happy Times!

And since Little Man is sleeping better, I've done this:


This is the Wonderful Wallaby I'm making for my oldest nephew. I think he'll really like it. It's not my favorite shade, but my nephew loves red. I'm using Caron Simply Soft yarn and it's really nice to work with--very soft. Next, I'm going to make his younger sister one in a pale blue. I love how quickly the Wallaby knits up and I love the lack of seams to sew up. Happy Times!

And finally we have these:


I'm not a sock knitter (yet), but I didn't want to be totally left out of the trend. They're not as nice as Ashley's or Maritza's or Cheryl's or Nova's, but these are my Monkeys. Happy Times!

4 comments:

sophanne said...

I LOVE YOUR MONKEYS! That cracked me up. I am a sock knitter but I love them so much that I don't want to fuss around with tricky patterns.

Lydee said...

Wow, those are some socks! In my naivete, I thought you were talking about sock monkeys! Bravo for putting in the links to straighten me out! I love the close up picture on the heading of your blog! How did you do that?

cheryl said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog from Flickr! I hope Little Man feels better soon. That Blue Sky alpaca cotton is georgeous! Looks like it will knit up like a dream. mmmm yarn....

knittingphilistine said...

Ha! Love your version of the Monkeys! :) And Ashley's wristlets are fab... mine should be along any day now, can't wait!

Psst: Thanks for the comment chez Philistine! :)