Wednesday, December 2, 2009

If You Decorate...It will Come

Yesterday I started decorating for Christmas. It's the only holiday I decorate for and I LOVE it. Each decoration is a memory from the past and a new memory to be made. It was a rough day for decorating as I broke two ornaments and J broke a snow globe just in unpacking the decorations. Oh well. It was still glorious.

We pulled out the nativity scenes (J's favorites!):

The fiber-optic snowman (N was entranced):
A ribbon wreath I made a few years ago went on the door (my favorite feather wreath did not survive the move very well--too smooshed!):

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care:


And decorations were spread throughout the house like these adorable alligator salt and pepper shakers:
And my favorite Santa-- I bought him at 7-11 ten years ago (my first year in my own place for Christmas):
So we decorated our house and we created Christmas magic. This morning...



it snowed! In Texas, it SNOWED! It's hard to see her, but that's Pepper in the snow. She seemed confused.

We decorated for Christmas and a miracle occurred...snow in Texas. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

3 comments:

Nicole B. said...

snow!?!?!? very cool

Lydee said...

wow!!! that's so cool!

Jen said...

What a story-book ending to your Christmas decorating in Texas!