Friday, December 11, 2009

My Day

I knew it was going to be a good day when I started it by dropping my earring down the bathroom sink drain. Luckily, B was able to recover it. Then J woke up with a very pink, goopy eye and I knew he wouldn't be heading to school today. Instead, we went to the pediatrician's office where we found out that, yes, he did have pink eye. So instead of running errands and getting ready for the playdate we were going to host tomorrow, I entertained two grumpy boys with an even grumpier mom as I canceled our playdate, our plans for a trolley tour of neighborhood Christmas lights and a night of cookies and drinks with friends. It wasn't the best of days, but we survived despite the fact that J treats eye drops like torture. But I really shouldn't complain. The day could have been a whole lot worse. There could have been a real trauma or tragedy in our life. And as my pediatrician so kindly said today, "you have really good boys." And, it's true. I do have two wonderful little boys.

No comments: