Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is it really April already?

Life just seems to be flying by. Wasn't it just February? This spring has been a busy one between visits from my mom and in-laws, J's birthday, my birthday and our visit to Virginia. The boys and I got back on Monday and now we're into the Easter craziness. We have open house at J's school and a neighborhood Easter egg hunt this weekend, an Easter party at J's school next week and plans to celebrate Easter with our close friends in the neighborhood. I'm also hosting a playdate and a knit night and plan to attend some other fun get-togethers this month. Before I know it, April will be over. Which is okay because I just found out that my mom, sister, nephew and niece are all coming to visit in May. I am SO excited!

Anyway, I haven't blogged since my trip to Virginia. I had such a blast. J was WONDERFUL on the planes both going and coming. He's getting much more independent. He did great going potty in all 3 airports (DFW, Atlanta and Lynchburg) and even went on one of the planes. N was not such a big fan of flying. He had an ear infection (which didn't help) and did NOT like to be contained for that long. He did a lot of glasses grabbing and hair pulling (mine and J's and a few strangers within reach). But we all had a blast hanging out with family. We got to spend lots of time with my mom and dad and my twin sister Cat and her two children. We also got to spend some quality time with my brother, my sister-in-law, and their four children. Cat and I even got to go out on Saturday night. It was the first time we'd done that in about 6 years and it was long overdue. We went to Rivermont Pizza and I highly recommend it. The food was delicious and the beer selection was great. Anyway, here are a few pics from our trip:


J and Michael watching a movie.


My dad and N.












N enjoying his first ride in the little car. He crawled in himself and started honking the horn.

I didn't get pictures of a lot of our adventures, but we really did have a blast with all our Lynchburg family. Can't wait to see them all again.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

What a wonderful family visit! Despite being the youngest of five kids, I was the first to have children, and my kids have only one first cousin, my sister's son. It's really kind of sad. I have 41 first cousins, if you can believe that!

sophanne said...

Those triplets have grown so quickly!

Nicole B. said...

fun!

rackersfamily said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I love the one of N in the car. He has grown up so much!