Top Ten Tuesday.... Hmm... that sounds kind of familiar... oh yeah, I used to do those on a regular basis. I'm scared to look back and see when I actually did one last. I know it's been a while.
Anyway, N is getting closer and closer to his 1st birthday--less than a month away! We're in the process of weaning. He's down to nursing twice a day and drinks milk out of a sippy cup the rest of the time. I remember doing this with J. With J, one of my goals was to finish breastfeeding so I could get pregnant again. This time I just want my body back to myself. I'm a little sad that I'm not trying to get pregnant again, but I think we've decided that two is enough for us. I'd love another child, but know that my sanity is probably safer with just the two--and I'm not getting any younger.
Anyway, the weaning has made me think about being pregnant and I've been waxing nostalgic about pregnancy. So this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is...
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being Pregnant
10. Eating whenever I want and whatever I want without feeling guilty or getting dirty looks.
9. Not feeling guilty about passing out dead asleep by 8 o' clock every night.
8. Clear skin. (Why, oh why, do I have to be pregnant or nursing to have clear skin?)
7. The round belly. (I love to pet my belly. Weird, but true.)
6. Feeling the baby move and realizing there is a little person inside you.
5. Big boobs. (When you are normally flat-chested, you take them happily--even if they are accompanied by a big belly and butt.)
4. Sense of accomplishment. (I made a baby.)
3. Sense of expectation. (My baby is on his way. What will he be like?)
2. Sense of purpose. (My body is doing what it was made to do.)
1. Sense of awe. (How in the world is my body doing this? Amazing!)
But I'm not totally crazy, so here's a little bonus reality check:
Top Five Reasons I Hate Being Pregnant
5. Not drinking beer, wine or bourbon.
4. My butt's need to keep up with my belly.
3. Puking (a LOT).
2. Suddenly becoming public property. (Why are you, a complete stranger, touching me? And why do I need to hear your horrible labor story?)
1. Maternity clothes. (Seriously, they are that bad.)